Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Strawberry jam

As you may noticed, I'm a huge fan of strawberry and our garden is usually filled with strawberry during summer, I can't watch a single peace of it root at its place. Whenever I went outside, I harvested all strawberries I could. But when it was raining for 2 days..... I could harvest the 3rd day a little more... And his is why I decided to cook some strawberry jam! :)



That's 1,5 kg strawberry. I took this pic and realized that I couldn't just eat all as snack. :'( :D

The recipe I found said that to 1 kg strawberry 35-40 dkg sugar is needed and the mixture need to rest for a night. The next morning further 0,8 kg strawberry got harvested. I added them to the previous day's mixture and left it rest till afternoon.


As I didn't used any gelling, so a lot of liquid was beside the jam. That needed to be drained and was consumed as syrup :) The rest was the jam itself. ^^ Ok, it needed to boil for an hour after the syrup was drained, but that was all..
BTW, in this picture you can see the still boiling jam :)


And let me introduce my first ever jam! Didn't lasted for long :P

I don't know if it works with other fruits too, or how long does it remain edible, but if you make some research, share with me here, in the comments or mail me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment