Monday, November 24, 2014

Made a Teemo

As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, for the crazy school leaving my project was Teemo from League of Legends ^^

On the web there are tons of girl Teemo cosplayers, such as
Jessica Nigri
or
Sailor Mappy
These two gals are my favourites, though I wouldn't wear just a bra as a top part for a cosplay :D
Tho they were my main sources of inspiration ^^


The costume was finished the night before and I spent 3 afternoons preparing it, but I'm pretty satisfied with the result :)
My wonderful mother helped me a lot with sewing, but the accessories were completely made by me. Made them totally alone *so proud*

The ears were done 2 weeks before the rest of the costume, but cat ears just so cute and easy to make x3



The ears have bottom part and hole inside. I've twisted a mop of hair and bobby pinned it into the ear. Like that I didn't need to make an inside coloring to the ears, neither had to worry about the color matching with my hair. (I've planned for long time to get my hair painted red, so it seems a good decision that my hair is red for now.. ^^) Also with 3 bobby pins the ears were stable enough to prevent the finished hat from falling :)

The hat was quite a challenge compared to the ears.





I used a straw hat as a base, put some coat of plastic wrap and bathing cap in order to protect the hat and keep the surface smooth. I used paper mache in like... 30 or more layers.. It's hard as concrete.. :'D
When the half-orb was drying, I made a flange about 10 cm wide which I cut in size later. Also sanded the whole thing to make it even more smoother :3



Right after it was dry I put on it the glasses. Talking about what..

Progress of the glasses :)

I got the lenses about half year ago and, since not Teemo would be it's main use, I made the glasses as you can see on the upper pic. And so, I could put in or pick out the lenses whenever I wanted :)


It's a sandwich. A pink foam sandwich with lenses.

Taped the layers together and started to apply the paper mache layers :) The tape was waterproof and the foam surface was covered with tiny holes, the whole job was just as hard as the hat itself :/

About the accessories, Teemo has a telescope, a mushroom and a blow pipe too.



I used a hard paper tube as a base and covered with the same pink foam I used for the glasses. The thinner part was glued inside the tube. Covered the whole with paper mache. The hardest part was it's thinner end... it's just wouldn't stay still..... Luckily the paper mache could hold it after hardening. :)
After I ensured that the whole structure can survive a day, I finished by putting a tiny ring to the very end of it, as you can see in the pic below:

Here is the finished pipe and also a mushroom in the background :)

For the mushroom's cap, I used a quite small ball, covered like the base of the hat, and for the trunk I rumpled a cone from aluminum foil and covered all with paper mache :) Used a lot of glue too..

For the blow pipe I already had some thin plastic tubes, which were glued together and covered with a tons of paper mache.. Also put some nodes on them, just like a real reed would have nodes. You can blow thought it :P

At daylight.

And again, indoor.

As I was in a rush, I didn't really took progress pictures about the painting, but I mixed dark and light green acrylic paint for the hat to fit my T-shirt, used yellow and brown for contouring the telescope and the blow pipe, red and brown for the glasses and silver for the little screws on it. :)
The brown strap on the hat is ribbon. I would used the same ribbon for the telescope's hanger and the little sacks' straps on his back, but I ran out of time and could make them. They still on my to do list ^^'


But all in all, the making was a challenge and fun, wearing it was even more fun and will always be a good memory :)

Missing you, gals! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment